Subject: weeks 11-12 campaign structures
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

Hi,

The following discussion covers the proposed sequence of MIPS tasks
for weeks 11-12, campaigns R,V,W.  

Doug
---------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                           Time since
MIPS CAMPAIGN R                                             Ge anneal
Periodic S2P Calibration - Array_2A       PCS-105    12        --
Start-up activities, Si and Ge           MIPS-905    35        --    
IOC Darks, 160um                         MIPS-912    15        24
IOC Darks, 70um                          MIPS-911    30        39
IOC Darks, 24um                          MIPS-910    15        69
24um Flat - routine, Scan AOR            MIPS-914    13        84
160um IC - routine, Scan AOR             MIPS-916    13        97
70um IC - routine, Scan AOR              MIPS-915    13       110

Ge Anneal and recovery                   MIPS-930    12       123
160um Flux standards                     MIPS-924    20        10
Routine 24um Flux standard               MIPS-920    11        30
70um Flux standards                      MIPS-922    12        41
24um Focal Plane Survey (Fine)#2         MIPS-131   402        53
Periodic IRU Calibration updates - Roll   PCS-055    36       455
Periodic S2P Calibration - Array_1A       PCS-105    12       491
Downlink tuning and slews                            ??
Downlink data                                        ??

Ge Anneal and recovery                   MIPS-930    12       503+??
70 & 160um Latent Images and Saturation  MIPS-210   307         0
Ge Anneal and recovery                   MIPS-930    12 127-180(during MIPS-210)
Periodic S2P Calibration - Array_2A       PCS-105    12     137-190
24um Latent Images and Saturated Sources MIPS-155    50     149-202

Ge Anneal and recovery                   MIPS-930    12     199-252
Scan Map of Protostellar Region          MIPS-290   180        10

Ge Anneal and recovery                   MIPS-930    12       190
Super Resolution of Proto-Stellar Region MIPS-280   170        10
Periodic S2P Calibration - Array_1A       PCS-105    12       180

Ge Anneal and recovery                   MIPS-930    12       192
Behavior as Function of Sky Background   MIPS-315   264        10

Ge Anneal and recovery                   MIPS-930    12       274
160um Array Geometry                     MIPS-235    90        10
Dark Verification, 70um                  MIPS-191    31       100
Ultimate Scattered Light Levels #1       MIPS-340    70       131
Periodic IRU Calibration updates - Pitch  PCS-055    36       201
Periodic S2P Calibration - Array_2A       PCS-105    12       237

Ge Anneal and recovery                   MIPS-930    12       249
160um Ph/SR AOT Validation -- final      MIPS-325   120        10

Ge Anneal and recovery                   MIPS-930    12       130
Scan AOT Validation -- fast speed        MIPS-329   150        10

Ge Anneal and recovery                   MIPS-930    12       160
MIPS ERO                                 MIPS-500   120        10
Periodic S2P Calibration - Array_1A       PCS-105    12       130
24um PSF                                 MIPS-335   420       142
Periodic S2P Calibration - Array_2A       PCS-105    12       562

Ge Anneal and recovery                   MIPS-930    12       574 (delete)

Shutdown activities, Ge and Si           MIPS-992    19       118
Downlink tuning and slews                           210
Downlink data                                        24
Margin                                              367
Periodic IRU Calibration updates - Yaw    PCS-055    36
Periodic S2P Calibration - Array_1A       PCS-105    12       188
Time allocation for PCRS and IRU calibrations       204

Comments:  This campaign is full of long tasks, most of which have
to be placed in separate anneal cycles.  The campaign starts with 
the standard calibration activities.  We need to run the 24um FPS 
immediately after that, followed by a downlink, to provide the 
required two days of analysis time for the FPS data.  After the
downlink, the structure of the rest of the campaign is pretty
arbitrary.  The latent image study is very important, so I placed
that next.  A thermal anneal is needed before the start of this
task, and another one is needed about halfway through this 5h task.
The 24um saturation test is placed next because we will already be 
pointing towards a region with bright sources, probably at low
Galactic latitude.  To reduce pointing overheads and as a concession 
to our star formation crew, I am scheduling the two proto-stellar 
object observations next.  Each is given its own anneal cycle since
that is how they are likely to be scheduled in routine ops.  MIPS-315 
comes next after the proto-stellar objects.  It involves observations 
of standard stars against a variety of backgrounds.  It will involve 
a lot of pointing overheads and will not necessarily start at low 
Galactic latitude, so placing it here is not necessarily an 
optimization.  One agreement I made with Chad is for him to structure 
the task so that he doesn't need a thermal anneal in the middle of 
the task.  Most of the rest of the tasks were placed in their own 
anneal cycle.  I did this because we will probably want to look at 
the 160um data from these tasks and no pair of tasks can be completed
within the maximum of 3 hours that we want between 160um anneals.
The array geometry task is one of the shortest remaining tasks and 
it acts as a good spacer to put the 70um dark test a little while 
after an anneal.  MIPS-340 is a 24um task, so there is no problem
with placing it next.  I placed the 24um PSF task last mostly because
it is extremely long.  We can eliminate the final thermal anneal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

MIPS CAMPAIGN V                                            Time since
Start-up activities, Si and Ge           MIPS-905    35     Ge anneal
IOC Darks, 160um                         MIPS-912    15        24
IOC Darks, 70um                          MIPS-911    30        39
IOC Darks, 24um                          MIPS-910    15        69
24um Flat - routine, Scan AOR            MIPS-914    13        84
160um IC - routine, Scan AOR             MIPS-916    13        97
70um IC - routine, Scan AOR              MIPS-915    13       110
70um NF Illumination Correction          MIPS-313    19       123
Periodic IRU Calibration updates - Pitch  PCS-055    36       142
Periodic S2P Calibration - Array_1A       PCS-105    12       178

Ge Anneal and recovery                   MIPS-930    12       190
160um Flux standards                     MIPS-924    20        10
Routine 24um Flux standard               MIPS-920    11        30
70um Flux standards                      MIPS-922    12        41
Total Power Measurement at Ecliptic Pole MIPS-270    40        53
Ultimate Scattered Light Levels #2       MIPS-341    70        93

Ge Anneal and recovery                   MIPS-930    12       163
MIPS ERO                                 MIPS-510   120        10
SED Slit Illumination Function           MIPS-299    20       130
SED Response Verification                MIPS-298    10       150
SED of a Circumstellar Disk              MIPS-135    20       160
Periodic S2P Calibration - Array_2A       PCS-105    12       180

Ge Anneal and recovery                   MIPS-930    12       192 
70um PSF                                 MIPS-336   447        10
Ge Anneal and recovery                   MIPS-930    12 210-250(during MIPS-336)
Periodic S2P Calibration - Array_1A       PCS-105    12     207-247

Ge Anneal and recovery                   MIPS-930    12     219-259 (delete?)
24um Focal Plane Survey (Fine)#3         MIPS-131   402        10
Periodic IRU Calibration updates - Yaw    PCS-055    36       412
Periodic S2P Calibration - Array_2A       PCS-105    12       448

Ge Anneal and recovery                   MIPS-930    12       460
70um NF Focal Plane Survey (Fine)        MIPS-138   260        10

Ge Anneal and recovery                   MIPS-930    12       414 (delete)

Shutdown activities, Ge and Si           MIPS-992    19       118
Downlink tuning and slews                           147
Downlink data                                        13
Periodic S2P Calibration - Array_1A       PCS-105    12       
Margin                                              185
Time allocation for PCRS and IRU calibrations       132

Comments:  This campaign centers around a couple of long PSF and FPS 
tasks.  It starts with the standard calibration activities.  I like
the idea of running the total power measurement test right after the
flux standards.  It is long enough after the anneal to ensure good
stability, and running the test right after the flux standards ought
to give us the best possible calibration.  I list MIPS-341 next since 
this task calls for photometry of bright stars, and it seems a good 
bracketing observation to MIPS-270.  MIPS-341 calls for a thermal 
anneal in its writeup.  I'm not sure that an anneal is necessary or 
makes sense right before these measurements.  If that anneal is 
included, the structure of this campaign should be reexamined.  I 
defer the PSF and FPS tasks until later to ensure good stability of 
the electronics.  Instead, the next anneal cycle starts with an ERO.  
This is followed by three SED mode tasks.  The 70um PSF task is long 
enough that a thermal anneal is needed halfway through the task.  
I placed the 24um FPS next to get the timing right on the PCS tasks.  
If we have no intention of ever looking at the Ge data from the 24um 
FPS tests, the anneal before MIPS-131 is worthless.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------

MIPS CAMPAIGN W                                            Time since
Start-up activities, Si and Ge           MIPS-905    35     Ge anneal
CSMM Scanpos Table Upload                MIPS-085     5        24
IOC Darks, 160um                         MIPS-912    15        29
IOC Darks, 70um                          MIPS-911    30        44
IOC Darks, 24um                          MIPS-910    15        74
24um Flat - routine, Scan AOR            MIPS-914    13        89
160um IC - routine, Scan AOR             MIPS-916    13       102
70um IC - routine, Scan AOR              MIPS-915    13       115

Ge Anneal and recovery                   MIPS-930    12       128
160um Flux standards                     MIPS-924    20         0
Routine 24um Flux standard               MIPS-920    11        20
70um Flux standards                      MIPS-922    12        61
Periodic S2P Calibration - Array_1A       PCS-105    12        73
160um PSF                                MIPS-337    45        85
Ultimate Scattered Light Levels #3       MIPS-342    70       130

Ge Anneal and recovery                   MIPS-930    12       200
Flux Standard Screening & Linearity Check MIPS-400  378        10
Ge Anneal and recovery                   MIPS-930    12 190-220(during MIPS-400)
Periodic S2P Calibration - Array_2A       PCS-105    12     178-208
Periodic IRU Calibration updates - Yaw    PCS-055    36     190-220

Ge Anneal and recovery                   MIPS-930    12     226-256
Confusion Limits Determination           MIPS-265   228        10
Ge Anneal and recovery                   MIPS-930    12 110-130(during MIPS-265)

Ge Anneal and recovery                   MIPS-930    12     118-138
MIPS ERO                                 MIPS-520   240        10
Periodic S2P Calibration - Array_1A       PCS-105    12       250

Ge Anneal and recovery                   MIPS-930    12       262
Scan Map of a Large Galaxy               MIPS-295   150        10

Ge Anneal and recovery                   MIPS-930    12       160 (delete?)
24um Focal Plane Survey (Fine)#4         MIPS-131   402     10 or 160
Periodic S2P Calibration - Array_2A       PCS-105    12       188
Shutdown activities, Ge and Si           MIPS-992    19       118
Downlink tuning and slews                           147
Downlink data                                        31
Margin                                              217
Time allocation for PCRS and IRU calibrations       132

Comments:  This campaign includes a handful of large tasks.  It starts
with a scanpos table upload and then the standard calibration sequence.
I put the scanpos table upload first so that we can verify that the dark 
positions are still ok if they get updated.  The 160um tasks are the only
ones small enough to fit in the space after the flux standards, and they
likely involve similar pointing.  The flux standard screening is placed
next since it involves similar pointing.  A thermal anneal has to be run
sometime during this task.  MIPS-265 involves scan maps at two different
Galactic latitudes.  The data will be analyzed at all three wavelengths, 
so it also requires an intermediate thermal anneal.  There is no real
preference in the ordering of the ERO and the scan map of a large galaxy.
I put the ERO first since it is longer and that minimizes the time between
the last anneal and the start of the 24um FPS.  Again, if we have no
intention of looking at the Ge data from the 24um FPS tests, we can
eliminate the last thermal anneal.